Our power cases are vital parts of a single phase AC power distribution system that carries electricity from the power grid via a meter service to individual loads along the railroad right-of-way.
The local power company’s 240V AC is stepped up to a 440C AC from our step-up case then fed downstream to a 240V or 120V step-down case. Each case is capable of powering signal appliances without unnecessary voltage loss. Our local disconnect case allows power feed through with a tap for individual locations. We specialize in building custom transformer boxes to suit your needs.
POWER CASE CONSTRUCTION
- Sized appropriate transformers – 5, 7.5, 10 and 15KVA
- Lockable cases wired according to load (AREMA 10.4.1)
- 5052 marine grade, 1/8” aluminum
- TIG welded construction with 304 stainless steel hinge and locking mechanism
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Mounts to concrete or wood posts
- Voltage warning signs on the front and side of case
- Transformer protected by circuit breaker and lightning surge arrester
- Ground rods and grounding material included
- Metal rodant screen on ventilation
- 10 micron filter
STEP UP CASE
Wired complete with 240V to 440V tapped Square D transformer, 440V arrester, breaker, and wire sized to max wattage.
- 5KVA – IRP-B3-SU-5KVA
- 7KVA – IRP-B3-SU-7.5KVA
- 10KVA – IRP-B3-SU-10KVA
- 15KVA – IRP-B4-SU-15KVA
LOCAL DISCONNECT CASE
Wired complete with 440V to 120V/240V tapped Square D transformer, 440V arrester, 2 each disconnects and fuses.
- 5KVA – IRP-B4-LD-5KVA
- 15KVA – IRP-B4-LD-15KVA
STEP DOWN CASE
Wired complete with 440V to 120V/240V tapped Square D transformer, 440V arrester, breaker, and wire sized for max wattage.
- 5KVA – IRP-B3-SD-5KVA
- 7KVA – IRP-B3-SD-7.5KVA
- 10KVA – IRP-B3-SD-10KVA
- 15KVA – IRP-B4-SD-15KVA
- IRP-B4 – Case only, 48”Hx32”Wx16”D, aluminum
- IRP-B3 – Case only, 38”Hx28”Wx16”D, aluminum